In an Aflac study 35% of employees claimed that improving their benefits package is one of the top things that their employer can do to keep them in their jobs. Offering solid benefits undoubtedly drives a company’s ability to hire better talent. And, as an employer, it’s smart to know exactly what your employees (and potential hires) want in regards to employee benefits. Conducting regular benefits surveys are a great way to determine whether your benefits packages match your employee’s wants and needs. Organizations that survey annually see a 2.5 times greater increase in employee engagement, according to Quantum.
Not sure where to start with your survey?
We got you. Here are 15 sample benefit survey questions you can use to gain insight into your employee’s needs:
- Are you satisfied with the level of health insurance we provide? not at all satisfied / partly satisfied / satisfied / more than satisfied / very satisfied
- Where would you like to see improvements within our benefits plan options? You can leave this open-ended with a blank field for responses, or – if you’re looking for more specific data – you could list out options.
- How do our company benefits compare to those from other companies you have worked for? This question could be broken into two, asking 1: how the costs compare and 2: how the specific benefits compare
- On a scale of 1 to_______, please rank how important each benefit is to you: (list out specific benefits like health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, etc.)
- Are there any benefits that our organization does not currently offer that you’d like to have? If so, please list.
- Are there any fun/wellness benefits (i.e. discounted gym memberships, mental health resources, childcare discounts/resources, entertainment discounts/perks) that you’d like to see in our next benefits package?
- My deductible rates are reasonable. strongly disagree / disagree / neither agree nor disagree / agree / strongly agree
- My employer offers generous parental leave. strongly disagree / disagree / neither agree nor disagree / agree / strongly agree
- My employer’s contribution to my retirement funds is generous. strongly disagree / disagree / neither agree nor disagree / agree / strongly agree
- How satisfied are you with our current sick pay and paid time off policy? not at all satisfied / partly satisfied / satisfied / more than satisfied / very satisfied
- Using my health insurance has been straightforward. strongly disagree / disagree / neither agree nor disagree / agree / strongly agree
- I feel that I was given enough information to make the best benefits plan choice out of my options. strongly disagree / disagree / neither agree nor disagree / agree / strongly agree
- Our company’s benefits enrollment planning sessions are helpful and answer my questions. strongly disagree / disagree / neither agree nor disagree / agree / strongly agree
- Do you know who to approach if you have any questions regarding your benefits? yes / no
- Do you have any additional comments, criticism or suggestions regarding our organization’s benefit policy?
Need additional help with benefits administration?
Dominion Payroll’s Benefits Administration platform has all kinds of features that can be, well, beneficial to you. You can:
- Automate benefit enrollments to allow the system to accurately calculate payroll deduction amounts based on benefit plan coverage options—no more tedious double-entry of data!
- Allow employees to sign up for benefits directly through a wizard-style portal, allowing them to directly compare plans and costs
- Utilize the built-in Report Writer and Standard Benefits change reporting capabilities to prepare data for entry to your carrier
- Keep enrollment data up-to-date with your carrier and improve billing accuracy with optional Carrier Connection service
Health insurance requirements can be a maze to navigate, but Dominion Payroll is here to help. We’ll give you tools and guidance to help your company avoid easy-to-miss pitfalls like miscategorizing a variable-hour employee that may qualify for entry into a benefit plan. You can designate aggregate group membership as well, making production and filing of your Forms 1094 and 1095 a breeze when it comes time to report Section 6055 and 6056 compliance to the IRS. And ACA compliance isn’t the only managed service Dominion Payroll offers—we can help with COBRA and FSA/HSA administration too!
If you’d like to learn more our Benefits Administration services, please email us at email@example.com.